NEW PA VOLUNTEER CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
On October 22, 2014 Governor Corbett signed into law House Bill 435 amending Title 23 (Domestic Relations) Statute. This new law defines new clearance requirements for adult volunteers having direct contact with children.
If the volunteer HAS been a resident of PA continuously for the past 10 years this is what you need:
1. Little League Volunteer Application, can be processed online. *Needed annually
2. PA Child Abuse Clearance , click here to complete online *Free and good for 3 years
3. PA Criminal Background Clearance, click here to complete online *Free and good for 3 years
4. Background Check Signature Form, click here to download form * Needed annually
* If the volunteer has NOT been a resident of PA continuously for the past 10 years, in the addition to the above documentation, a FBI Criminal Background Check (fingerprint check) needs to be completed. * Fee $27.50
Please send all documents at once. There are two ways to submit:
1. Send scanned copies to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Mail to DYB, P.O. Box 96, Dillsburg, PA 17019
Clearances must be received before any coach or volunteer can take the field. Practices usually start in Mid March. These clearances may take several weeks to process.
For questions related to the new clearance requirements for volunteers or the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, please contact the ChildLine Verification Unit at 717-783-6211 or 1-877-371-5422.